21 Jan 2021 - 1 Feb 2021
FABLED LAND: Ethiopia
Welcome to one of our four Photo Voyages for 2021. This is an exciting collection of photography tours with Encompass Africa and Michael Snedic, WildNature Photo Expeditions.
Historically fascinating, culturally diverse and naturally spectacular, our Fabled Land, Ethiopia Photo tour is an experience you’ll treasure forever.
With no fewer than nine UNESCO World Heritage Sites, Ethiopia is steeped in culture and impressive history. It practically sags under the weight of its cultural treasures, including the UNESCO World Heritage site, Lalibela, with its incredible rock-hewn churches and the unchanged tribes of the Omo River region in the deep south. Ethiopia was one of the first countries to officially adopt Christianity as its religion back in the 4th century, and it’s awash with fascinating religious history and Orthodox Christian churches.
It’s also full of natural wonders. Ethiopia’s diverse landscapes will take you by surprise on this tour as we trek more than 3,000m above sea level, in the Simien and Bale mountains. There’s also incredibly underrated wildlife, including rare and endemic species we will photograph such as the Ethiopian wolf, the gelada monkey, and the Walia ibex, plus some of the best birdwatching in Africa.
This vast country is rife with ancient culture and legends – the Queen of Sheba and the Ark of the Covenant to name but two. It’s known for its outstanding coffee and as a haven for vegetarians thanks to delicious and healthy home-grown cuisine. Ethiopia is also the birthplace of the Rastafarian movement – nope, it wasn’t Jamaica! Rastas regard Ethiopia as their homeland and accord central importance to Emperor Haile Selassie 1, the country’s leader from 1930 to 1974. In the Amharic language, “Ras” is a title, such as chief, and “Tafari” was his first name. Still not convinced? Take a look at the colours on the Ethiopian flag!
So what are you waiting for? Join us for the photo voyage of a lifetime.
Accommodation and Destinations
HB: Half Board - Dinner, Bed and Breakfast
FB+: Full Board Plus - Dinner, Bed, Breakfast, Lunch and Activities
12 Days / 11 Nights
Special Interests: Unique wildlife, Culture and history, Vast landscapes
US$11,850 per person sharing
- This photo voyage will only depart with 8 guests
- No single supplement available as there are only five rooms in our private camps
- You are accompanied by Michael Snedic
- Last two locations are in exclusive mobile camps so we are away from the crowds and really off the beaten track!
- Includes all internal flights (a combination of scheduled and chartered flights) to avoid long, bumpy road transfers and lost days driving
- All road and air transfers
- Accommodation and meals as listed
- Private guide and vehicles
- Activities as listed
- Exclusive use mobile for last 2 locations
- Scheduled and charter flights to avoid long road transit time and lost days on bumpy roads!
- International airfares
- Alcoholic and non alcoholic beverages
- Items of a personal nature
- Travel insurance (compulsory in order to travel)